Healthy Lifestyles is the Arc of Greater Cleveland’s new, low-cost, fun, and educational 10-week workshop for people with disabilities and their caregivers. You and one guest** will be provided with the knowledge, skills, and resources to create a healthy lifestyle.
Regsitration is closed but classes will be forming for Fall and Winter 2017. Sign up to get information and added to the waiting list :
Westside Healthy Lifestyles Info
Eastside Healthy Lifestyles Info
The Healthy Lifestyles Curriculum
The Healthy Lifestyles curriculum was designed by and for people with disabilities to help people develop confidence and skills to stay on a journey toward a healthy and happy life. Being healthy is key to being self-sufficient, independent, and able to participate in society. A healthy lifestyle is achieved by finding balance with all aspects of health which include:
The Healthy Lifestyles Workshop
- Explore what wellness means to you
- Set your own wellness goals
- Learn from peers and make new friends
- Experience yoga, low-impact exercise and massage
- Benefit from on-going support group for 6 months
- Learn to cook healthy meals!
We’ll cover several topics…
- The importance of friends
- Physical Activity
- Illness Prevention
- Personal Values
- Goal Setting
- Other health topics
…and will make delicious meals!
We will list your favorite meals, make healthier and tasty versions of them, and enjoy them prior to each session. That is 10 meals at a cost to you of $2-$4 per meal!
Support Groups Offer
- 2 Hour meetings once a month for 6 months
- Presentations on topics such as stress management, nutrition, and Tai Chi
- A supportive community with friends and peers
- Opportunities to share resources, strategies, and successes
- Personal skills and confidence building opportunities